Kaseya 6 – Overview of the New Version

For the 3,000+ customers who were unable to make the Kaseya User Conference, I HIGHLY recommend watching this important video (161 of you already have)

Grab some food and drink and find a comfy spot because over the next 2 hours, you will learn where Kaseya 6 is going.  Be sure to send us your reactions over Twitter (#Kaseya) or comment below.

NOTE: video loads a bit slow.

Kaseya Roadmap and Customer Portal from Kaseya on Vimeo.

22 Responses to “Kaseya 6 – Overview of the New Version”

1. Ed Guyer June 11, 2009 at 11:29 am #

I will admit that I did not sit and listen every moment of the video (if people would leave me alone I could have) but I did not see any mention of the partnership with AppAssure.

Does anyone know if it was mentioned or if it is coming down the road and when?

2. Ed, AppAssure was formalized after the conference or right before. More to come on this.

3. Johannes Hiemer June 22, 2009 at 6:56 am #

When will it be available for trial?

4. Jeffrey Lee June 25, 2009 at 10:00 pm #

Would someone please step up to the plate and give the availability date? We need to schedule employee vacations.

5. Chad Gniffke June 26, 2009 at 9:04 am #

Jeffrey,

I completely understand your need for planning. As we are in the final stages of beta testing and are almost out of beta 2 and into beta 3, the Q3 timeline is the only expectation I can communicate at this time.

Our goal is to insure that Kaseya is always tested and ready for market. Thank you for your continued patience.

6. Brian Schippers July 29, 2009 at 5:08 am #

Dear Chad,

do you allready know something about the release date? We are in Q3 now, so i think you must know a dat in august or septembre for the release.

7. Patricio Starnfeld August 20, 2009 at 11:25 am #

Hi,
    Version 6 will be in spanish as soon as is released?
    Do you have any update in the date?

• I just heard this morning that all translation for Kaseya 6 is almost completed. I can informally respond that the Spanish version will be available upon release. This is also the case for all currently supported languages.

Thanks for asking this as I am sure many are wondering.

8. Brian August 24, 2009 at 12:30 am #

Hi,

almost september. Can you make us happy?

9. Jeffrey Lee September 2, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

So much for Q3. Does October 1 mean Q1-2010? Will it work completely including Acronis and AVG for Windows 7 RTM and Windows 2008 R2?

10. Chad Gniffke September 2, 2009 at 8:47 pm #

Jefferey,

yep, we missed it by a day. There are customers using it in beta and I even know of one that boldly took it into production.

The goal is to have everything you mentioned working at launch, but there is always a chance that one or two will be missed. I do know that AVG works beautifully and we are working on Windows 7 and 2008 R2.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

11. Brian September 3, 2009 at 12:30 am #

But does this mean it will be 2010?
    The roadmap is not so correct then. I see some future for the new endpoint security, as usb security, and that version should be available in 2009 also.
    Is there a correct roadmap internal, or is it still waiting and waiting…

• Brian,

The roadmap is created every year to provide our customers the direction Kaseya is headed. The roadmap is not meant to be a “to be completed by this year” type document, but rather a snapshot of where Kaseya is today and what direction the company is headed in. I can say that most everything on the 2009 roadmap is being planned for or in development. Perhaps better communication as to the expectations surrounding the roadmap is in order. I hope this brings a bit of clarity for you. Thanks for commenting.

12. Brian Schippers September 29, 2009 at 6:38 am #

Make me happy?

13. Tobias Musser September 30, 2009 at 8:19 am #

Make everyone happy?

14. brian September 30, 2009 at 8:28 am #

yeah, almost the 1st of oct. I cant wait

15. Gene October 6, 2009 at 1:26 pm #

So much for the 1st of October. Any new word on the release date?

16. Steel October 9, 2009 at 3:14 am #

I called them about a case i had and asked them about the release date. I got the date somtime in this year. They make no promices. 🙁

• Hey Steve and Gene, thanks for checking in. I wrote a post recently regarding release date information here: http://blog.kaseya.com/?p=717 . I realize I am not disclosing a date yet, but I can assure you that we are getting closer. Thanks again for your posts.

• Shawn Davis December 2, 2009 at 9:30 am #

They did press release a date for 4th quater of 2009. To me, and to most in business, I consider this a promise.

I’m very disapointed that there has been little information on its release date.