Dataprise of Rockville, Maryland is one of the largest MSPs in the United States. That achievement is no accident. Dataprise not only relies on VSA by Kaseya to manage its customers’ endpoints, but it also pushes VSA to its very limits to drive its business.
Dataprise uses all VSA has to offer. “We make it a point to utilize VSA a thousand miles an hour. Our team likes to push limits to where we can overcome almost any wall from a technical standpoint. Because of VSA, whenever our team encounters a challenge, we usually are able to fix it. We call it making automaton magic,” said Greg Mack, systems engineer at Dataprise.
That solid RMM underpinning has helped Dataprise grow to over 300 certified engineers, subject matter experts, and IT support staff. That same IT efficiency and deep automation from VSA has led to dramatic customer growth as well. “Our self-assurance when it comes to VSA coupled with our long-standing knowledge of the product has won us a number of bids with clients because we stand by the product and know we can deliver on all of our SLAs. As a result, we’ve continued to grow within the enterprise space,” said Mack. “I’m happy to say over the past four years we’ve more than tripled the number of endpoints we manage. Throughout our growth, it has never been a question with the Kaseya framework as to whether we can acquire more agents or not. Thanks to the power of VSA, we continue to evolve and improve our delivery. As the product matures, we do the same in return, so we can deliver the best service to our clients.”
Making the MSP 2.0 Grade
Leading MSPs often follow MSP 2.0 precepts. Instead of being largely a break/fix vendor, MSP 2.0 providers are a strategic partner to their clients and focus more on business value rather than just technical value.
Mack is a firm MSP 2.0 believer, and Dataprise lives and breathes these principles. “In the MSP 2.0 world, we have to think of things outside of the box. We do not just provide the normal MSP offerings such as patch management, antivirus, and anti-malware. We want to elevate the services we deliver to our customers by conducting automation and monitoring their business,” he said.
Read the full case study here.
MSP 2.0: The Kaseya View
In our whitepaper “IT Complete: Your Roadmap in an MSP 2.0 World,” we outline technical solutions that help MSPs achieve 2.0 status and gain the rewards that come with being a next-generation MSP.
For MSPs to succeed and thrive in this new environment, they must evolve. That requires that MSPs:
• Embrace the changing dynamics of the market.
• Change their investment profiles.
• Leverage a modern unified MSP Management Platform to ensure an ability to continue to succeed in the era of MSP 2.0. Such a platform should combine the business management needs of an MSP with the richest current and forward-looking suite of software applications that MSPs can build managed services around to generate revenue and meet all the needs of their continually demanding SMB customer base.
VSA delivers the industry’s fastest, most reliable and functionally complete remote monitoring and management to reimagine the technician experience. It offers the following benefits.
• Real-Time Visibility: Live Connect module delivers immediate, comprehensive, and real-time visibility into every aspect of an endpoint such as CPU utilization, application processes, services, disk utilization, activity metrics, and service tickets-without interrupting the end user’s system.
• Fast Remote Control: VSA’s remote control is accessible within Live Connect to enable rapid resolution of complex device problems by technicians.
• Reduced Site Visits: New Kaseya VSA and Intel vPro integration enables non-responsive PCs or kiosks to be repaired remotely without the cost or delays associated with a site visit.
• Extensible Automation: Technicians can leverage an extensible library of automated procedures to address common issues, such as rebooting, disk cleanup, service restarts, or clearing registry problems.
• Improved Technician Multi-tasking and Efficiency: Technicians can simultaneously monitor multiple devices, quickly toggle between remote sessions, and quickly zero-in to resolve issues.
• New Technician Experience: Live Connect employs Google’s Material Design guidelines to deliver a modern, clean, and intuitive interface, which further increases efficiency and dramatically reduces staff training requirements.
Learn more about VSA here.